Betman Bhandari, P.Eng. PhD
Dr. Betman Bhandari is Water Resource and Sanitation engineer with D.Tech degree in Development Technology (2001). Dr. Bhandari did his Bachelor of Engineering in 1991 and M.Sc. in Regional and Rural Development in 1998. Dr. Bhandari has been working in Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology (CAWST), Canada since 2006. From 2003 to 2005 he was a Postdoc Fellow at the University of Calgary. Dr. Bhandari also has a wide international exposure in leadership positions.
Dr. Bhandari’s expertise include:
- Water Supply, Environmental Sanitation and Hygiene
- Participatory Project Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Integrated Community Development
- Water Quality and Household Water Treatment Technology
- Training and Capacity Building
Drub Tripathi, PhD, P.Eng.
Dr. Drub Triathi is a Structural Engineering with PhD and MSc degrees in structural engineering. After the completion of his Bachelor of Engineering degree in 1998 he had worked as a civil/structural engineer in a consultant in Nepal for 7 years before joining the University of Calgary as a PhD candidate. Drub is proficient in using computer tools like SAP2000, STAAD Pro, and AutoCAD. He is good in computer programing, App development and task automation using VBA programming.
Drub’s expertise include:
- Analysis and design of commercial and residential buildings
- Steel, Concrete, and Suspension bridge design
- Construction supervision
- Software development
- Training and preparation of training materials
- Ice-Structure interaction (PhD research), soil-structure interaction (MSc. research)
Sagar Aryal, P.Eng. M.Sc.
Sagar Aryal is Water Resource Engineer with M.Sc. in Water Resource Engineering degree. After completion of his Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering in 2004, Sagar had been actively involved in consulting services of various civil engineering projects.
Sagar has 9-years experience as a consulting engineer. For the last 5-years Sagar had been working as a consulting engineer for more than 15 towns and villages in Alberta. He is proficient in computer software like Civil 3D, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, ArcGIS, ERDAS, and C programming.
Sagar’s expertise include:
- Land development
- Design of water and waste water treatment projects
- Design of storm water management, sewer and drainage system
- Surveying using total station and GPS
- Groundwater and storm water modeling